Today there are many different kinds of kitchen sink available in the market and each one has a different feature. You must know what you need and you must also have an idea of the location where you want to install the kitchen sink so as to buy the best kitchen sink for yourself. In this article, we have compiled a list of different types of kitchen sink available in the market along with a short description.
So, here is the list.
- Under-mount Kitchen Sink – Under-mount Kitchen Sinks have gained a lot of popularity in recent times and these kitchen sinks are installed from the bottom area. The installation process is opposite to that of the drop-in sink and they are mostly used with marble countertop. These sinks have an advantage over others as it is easier to clean the counter when you have an under-mount kitchen sink.
- Farmhouse/Apron Kitchen Sink – These types of kitchen sink have a deep bowl and you need to have a special base to install this type of sink. In most of the cases, the sink is installed at places where the front cabinet is shorter than the rest of the cabinets. The sink is quite spacious.
- Corner Kitchen Sink – If you have plans to install the kitchen sink in the corner then these are the ones for you. They usually have a set of two sinks with a rotatable faucet which offers a better space utilization in the kitchen.
- Drop-In Kitchen Sink – As the name suggests, these types of kitchen sinks simply drop in from the top of the counter and the kitchen sink can easily be secured with help of the screws under the top. The kitchen sink basically rests on the countertop which offers a higher stability to the sink.
- Under-mount/Drop-In Kitchen Sink – These are a combination of under-mount and Drop in Kitchen Sink. You can install them the way you want and hence they offer a higher flexibility to you during the installation.
- Bar Type Kitchen Sink – These sinks are usually found in the small kitchens. The size of the kitchen is quite small and they are mostly installed near the drink preparation area. They are simple yet elegant in design.
- Utility Sink – These are the traditional sinks available in the market and they are not much in use these days. They are mostly made of ceramic and they do not offer any such advantage apart from the cost benefit.
- Prep Kitchen Sink – If you have a large kitchen then you might want to have a secondary kitchen sink for helping you in cooking multiple items at a time. In such a case, prep kitchen sink comes to use as a secondary kitchen sink. If you have a large family and a large kitchen then you must get this sink for your
These are the different types of kitchen sink available in the market and you can find these kitchen sinks in different materials. You can choose the one which suits the interiors of the kitchen and this would certainly add a lot of detailing to the kitchen.